Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday 11.18.2011

Today started out on the cool side. The gate was locked as it has been on Fridays for the last month. I loaded my pack and made my way up the hill to the watch site. My watch started at 9:00am. It was -1C with NE winds averaging 5mph. First bird was a juvenile Bald Eagle at 9:39. Seemed like it was going to be a busy day. Several groups of Tundra swans flew over early as well. Golden Eagle activity started at 10:19 when a juvenile flew over quite low. Two more GOEA's flew over at 11:45 and 11:47 first bird was a basic I and the other was an adult. Other counted birds today were Red-Tailed hawks, Turkey Vultures, Black Vultures and a couple of Accipiters. The winds shifted and slowed around noon reducing this afternoons flight to a trickle. It's been a slow (but pleasant) day. Total birds as of 3:00 (48)

No comments:

Post a Comment