Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thursday 12.1.2011

I met Adam Duerr, Ph.d a wildlife biologist at the watch for a day of observation.  Adam is involved in a Golden Eagle tracking project that is currently taking place.  We were hoping to see a few Golden Eagles, but the light winds seemed to deter them a bit.  It was a slow day, but great to see Adam again and have another pair of eyes scanning the skies.  It was completely blue skies with a calm west wind most of the day.  I had to leave the watch at 1:00, but Adam stayed until 4:30.  Here are the observations we made.

Turkey Vulture 45
Red-Tailed hawk 2
Red-Shouldered hawk 1

After my departure Adam had a few more birds. Here is the message Adam sent to me.


I stayed yesterday until 4:30 and saw several more RTHA, a few BLVU that clearly were moving south and 1 GOEA (at about 1:30).

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment